This is exciting news, I’m a big Bonobo fan to the extent I’d say he’s pretty much one of, if not, my favourite artists around. Black Sands released to critical acclaim in March 2010 and was an absolutely fantastic album supported by a superb tour with a live band. Now almost two years later Ninja Tune is releasing a remix album which will also see Simon leave the band behind for the live shows and take to the decks again. I’m looking forward to this one as the list of artists throwing down the remixes is pretty decent.
It’s landing on the 13th of February so not long to get those pre-orders in. There’s a Bonus 5″ vinyl to be snapped up and all physical orders will ship with another bonus CD of remixes. Something for the collector there!
Track listing is as follows:
1. Prelude (Lapalux’s Finger on the Tape Remix)
2. The Keeper (Banks Remix)
3. Kiara (Cosmin TRG Remix)
4. Eyesdown (Floating Points Remix)
5. Eyesdown (ARP 101 Remix)
6. Eyesdown (feat. Andreya Triana & DELS)
7. All In Forms (FaltyDL Remix)
8. Ghost Ship
9. Stay The Same (Mark Pritchard Remix)
10. Eyesdown (Machinedrum Remix)
11. All In Forms (Mike Slott Remix)
12. Stay the Same (Blue Daisy ‘Not Quite the Same’ Remix)
13. Brace Brace
14. Black Sands (Duke Dumont’s ‘Grains Of Sand’ Reconstruction Edit)
Solar Fields has a new album titled Until We Meet the Sky. The physical edition was out Friday and the digital version follows tomorrow (20th December). I’ve yet to receive my copy through the post but will most likely write some thoughts up after a listen or two.
Yes, you read that headline right. Mumford & Sons have informed Rolling Stone that their new album, due in 2012, will be a more mature record and that it’s ‘doom folk’. In their words, Black Sabbath meets Nick Drake. I’m struggling to imagine that but definitely interested.